- What is 1Click?
- Which browsers does 1Click support?
- Can I use 1Click on my phone browser?
- What is the bandwidth required to make a video call?
- How many participants can you have in a single group call?
- I don’t have camera, can I make audio only calls and disable the video?
- Do you support screen sharing?
- How does the pricing for 1Click work?
- Can 1Click be embedded in my website?
- Can I make video calls on the 1Click website?
- Is my call secure?
1Click is a feature rich, pluggable video infrastructure company.1Click video calls work directly in the browser! Being in a video call is as simple as one click, with no downloads and no plugins. We at 1Click, embed face to face conversations in your business workflows. 1Click’s feature rich video calls comprise of recording, analytics, broadcasting, group calling and many more.
1Click calls can be made on any HTML5 compliant browsers, including Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Since Internet Explorer and Safari are not completely compliant with the cutting edge technology of HTML5, 1Click may not work in it.
Yes, if your phone or tablet has Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser installed in it, you can use 1Click to make a video call.*
A minimum bandwidth of 300 kbps will bring you face-to-face with your prospect, customer, partner, employee or potential employee.
Currently we support up to four participants in a video group call. We are working on expanding it to ten participants. Sign Up with us and we will keep you posted. A one to many broadcast video can be made to up to twenty five participants.
1Click Video Calls humanize your business by enabling face to face interactions. But if you want to make audio calls only, video can be disabled.
Screen sharing is a critical feature. It is the top priority in our roadmap and we are working on incorporating it in 1Click video calls. Sign Up with us and we will send you an update about the screen sharing feature.
We are a subscription based service hosted on the cloud. Our various pricing options are available here. Large enterprises who would like to run the service in their private cloud can Get in Touch.
Yes. After signing up to 1Click, you will receive a conference ID. You can invite others to join the video call by sharing conference ID with them.
Yes. We use the same secure HTTP standards that your banking websites use. We have extended the same security to your video and audio conversations.
- Can I record a video call?
- How many days can a recording be stored?
- Will I get a copy of the recording for my reference?
- Is my recording secure with 1Click?
Yes. A 1Click video call can be recorded.
The recording is stored for 90 days by default. However, the duration can be tailored to fit your business needs.
No. You can always access the recording using your unique URL which is available on the dashboard.
Yes. Every recording has a unique URL and only the person having this URL can view these files. We backup all the videos on Amazon’s S3 Storage Service, which offers high reliability, security and on-demand access.
- Your product is awesome! I want a video on my website, what do I do?
- My website is on PHP/Django/Ruby on Rails, will I be able to use 1Click?
- Can I rebrand 1Click for my customers?
- How will 1Click look on my website?
Get in touch with us with your requirements and we will help you make your business website video calling ready.
Yes. 1Click is flexible and can be used with any web application frameworks.
1Click is fully customizable. 1Click Widget can be white labeled.
1Click will be a widget that can be placed on your website. You can customize the behavior of the widget on your website.